The sample collection needs no special preparation and can be done at any time of day. Just don't eat or drink anything for at least an hour before sampling.
The sample collection process is very simple and does not require any painful or dangerous method. Just follow the following simple steps:
- You have to complete an acceptance form (or your legal guardian if you are under 18 years old)
- You are given a sterile DNA sampling swab.
- Open the wrapper and place the swab with the cotton side on the inside wall of your mouth.
- With light circular moves rub the swab on the inside wall of the mouth for about 15 seconds. Repeat the same procedure on the opposite wall.
- Place the swab in the special storage bag and deliver to us.
- Samples are collected and analyzed in our laboratory.
- In 10 days you will receive the report with the results explained.
- Your DNA will be destroyed unless you ask us to keep it for future analyzes (maximum storage time is 2 years)